Manager of Precon
Environmental Air Systems (High Point)
Provide technical support as a designer and cost estimator for the EAS Manufacturing facility in High Point NC. Must be able to communicate directly with customers, project engineers, department managers, and the High Point production organization to facilitate a smooth flow of technical information, product cost information, and order processing. This is an engineering and design salaried position which will involve technical skills, organizational skills, and extensive product knowledge. Day to day contact with customers and project engineers will require excellent communication skills and in-depth product knowledge.
Job responsibilities include:
- Perform initial budget cost estimate for customers or representatives as it relates to specific designs and product manufacturability. Review general and supplemental conditions and all specification requirements with engineering group where applicable. Provide detailed proposals for each quote that covers project scope.
- Receive plans and specs, review print and file as needed. Request EQ numbers as required.
- Develop a detailed estimate outlining equipment, materials and labor required to complete the job and submit to the Lead Estimator. Store this information on the proper engineering drive.
- Assist the design manager in creating required documentation to achieve submittal approval.
- Assist in soliciting pricing requests for equipment and unit components
- Compile all pricing from vendors and submit to the Lead Estimator in an organized EQ binder/folder.
- Develop the skills needed to layout and design Air Handling Units and other HVAC Systems. This includes learning to use all vendor software.
- Provide detailed information for all mechanical and electrical sub-contract agreements with proper quotations
- This Position requires a four year degree in mechanical engineering or design, plus substantial related practical experience in HVAC project estimating and HVAC system design. This position also requires a minimum of five years applied experience.
- Education and years of experience maybe waved as determined by the High Point Plant Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SPECIAL SKILLS
- Engineering Skills
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of applicable product design
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Good unit layout and design skills required.
- Computer literate with Latest Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills for coordinating projects and supervising team draftsman.
May 8, 2014