Senior Project Designer
Senior Project Designer
Environmental Air Systems (High Point)
The Project Design Lead is responsible for BIM coordination of Modular Utility Plants, Data Centers, Air Handling Units, and Mechanical Skids. Coordination of each project includes ensuring that all components within the model accurately reflect equipment, installation details, and service clearances. Coordination also includes combining various sub-assembly models within Revit, performing clash detection using Navisworks Manage, and ensuring that clashes do not result in re-work during manufacturing or during on-site installation.
The Project Design Lead may be assigned multiple projects at various stages of the design cycle. During the design process, the Project Design Lead is responsible for prioritizing workload to meet critical deadlines on fast pace projects. This position may lead to more responsibility as qualifications, knowledge, and capability are gained by the candidate.
Job responsibilities include:
- The tasks related to a project leader are numerous and varied. Each project has different specifications, goals, environmental conditions, and financial considerations. Below is a list of general job duties of a project leader, though these will vary depending on the specific project.
- Model and Coordinate Projects using Revit
- Complete Clash Detection prior to manufacturing
- Provide preliminary takeoffs to procurement for material sourcing
- Complete parts drawings for fabrication
- Complete 3D model and submittal drawings during engineering phase of the project
- Develop Final Assembly Drawings for manufacturing
- Develop Drawings for Pipe and Duct Fabrication
- Provide support for Pre-Construction, Engineering, Procurement and Production Staff
- Maintain personal record of lessons learned and design standards for future projects
- It is the designers’ responsibility to maintain professional proficiency in the latest 3D processes, specifically using Revit and Navisworks (limited on the job training is available)
- Responsibilities are expected to be carried out with minimum supervision
- Must be capable of quickly modeling within Revit while coordinating projects
- Must be able to balance several projects at the same time, working with the Manufacturing Design Manager to ensure tasks are prioritized
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced team environment
- High performance in 3D modeling is imperative to success
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, virtual meetings, and various google apps is essential
- Solid ability to use Microsoft Excel is also important
- This position requires a four-year degree in a related field or related experience determined by the Manufacturing Design Manager.
- Professional Revit proficiency is preferred, however, demonstration of strong proficiency in a similar 3D platform may be considered in lieu of Revit.
December 2017THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND, ALTER OR OTHERWISE ADD TO OR DELETE THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ITS DISCRETION